To apply for an open position, see details below under each position description. Please note that we are unable to accept general inquiries and/or résumés for jobs that are not posted below.
YEAR ROUND POSITIONS
The International Festival of Arts & Ideas seeks a professional full time grant writer, who will play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising efforts. S/he will work closely with the Director of Development, Development Manager and consult collaboratively with other members of the leadership and programming staff as necessary.
The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented creative-thinker, with excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills. S/he must be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, and ongoing projects in a timely manner. A commitment to the performing arts and a passion for the International Festival of Arts & Ideas’ mission is a necessity. A confidentiality clause will be part of the Letter of Agreement for this engagement.
- Conduct the full range of activities necessary to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to governmental agencies, foundations and corporate sources. Maintain an ongoing schedule of applications and understanding grant timeframes and deadlines
- Research government, foundation and corporate funding opportunities to evaluate prospects for grants submission
- Work closely with Development and Programming staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals
- Maintain and expand grants pipeline
- Respond to federal, state, corporate, and foundation grant opportunities in the areas of art, education, and community engagement
- Comply with all grant reporting requirements
- Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting
- Work together with members of the Development team and other Festival staff members on projects and initiatives as necessary
- Flexible schedule during the Festival month of June and other times during the year as needed for special events and performances
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven success with written grant proposals
- Attention to detail, organization
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret the Festival’s programs to meet the requirements of a wide variety of grant-makers
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and references to email@example.com
2017 Hiring for Seasonal Positions has ended. Check back next year!