Are you proud of your community, neighbors, local businesses, and leadership? Are you looking for a family-friendly event? Does your community need programming that brings everyone together? Each year, the International Festival of Arts & Ideas supports local Neighborhood Festivals just prior to our two-week Festival in downtown New Haven. These one-day events feature local talent, family activities, and vendors in New Haven’s historic and culturally rich neighborhoods. This year, we're seeking a neighborhood interested in developing a festival to reflect their unique community. You bring the ideas, talent, and vision—and we'll help put on the festival in May 2020.
Consideration for support of a Neighborhood Festival will go to those proposals who meet the following requirements:
- The festival will take place in May 2020
- Identify 2 Committee Co-Chairs
- Identify at least 8 Host Committee Members to serve as your planning team (include contact information); these could include residents, local leaders, artists and performers
- Up to 3 suggestions for the festival site; examples include: school, public park, empty (cleared) lot
- Reasons a Neighborhood Festival would benefit your community
- Name of your Aldermanic representative
- Host Committee should be prepared to apply for New Haven Neighborhood Vitality Grant for future years
- Commit to a Committee training period that will begin in February of 2020, as well as ensuing planning meetings
Friday, January 10, 2020
Respondents will be notified of their status by Friday, January 24, 2020.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of staff, board and community.
Send application by mail to:
Aleta Staton, Louise Endel Community Engagement Manager
International Festival of Arts & Ideas
195 Church Street, 12th Floor
New Haven, CT 06510
Or by email to: