Arts Groups to Share $310,000 in National Endowment for the Arts Funding
The Department of Economic and Community Development, (DECD), through its Office of the Arts, announced today that the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) will award $310,000 in grants to 15 arts organization throughout the state.
The funding is part of the NEA’s first major grant funding round of fiscal year 2017 totaling more than $30 million that will be awarded to nonprofit organizations and individuals across the country. These grants cross all artistic disciplines, reach 48 states as well as Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and also support partnerships between the arts and non-arts sectors.
“Connecticut is proud of its support for the arts and all of its related activities, but we couldn’t do it without the help of our partners, especially the NEA. These grants are a critical infusion of funding that will help local arts groups with important initiatives and further the state’s goal of building vibrant communities,” said Kristina Newman-Scott, director of the Office of the Arts in DECD.
The list of organizations and their grants are as follows:
• I-Park Foundation, Inc., Art Works – Artist Communities, East Haddam, $20,000
• Fairfield University, Challenge America, Fairfield, $10,000
• Music Mountain Incorporated, Art Works – Music, Falls Village $10,000
• Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Art Works – Museum, Hartford, $20,000
• Litchfield Performing Arts, Inc., Art Works – Music, Litchfield, $10,000
• Wesleyan University, Art Works – Dance, Middletown, $30,000
• Wesleyan University, Art Works – Literature, Middletown, $25,000
• Neighborhood Music School, Inc., Challenge America, New Haven, $10,000
• New Haven International Festival of Arts & Ideas, Inc., Art Works - Presenting & Multidisciplinary Works, New Haven, $35,000
• Yale University, Art Works – Theater & Musical Theater, New Haven, $20,000
• Spring Lake Productions, Inc., Art Works – Theater & Musical Theater, New Milford, $20,000
• Center for Contemporary Printmaking, Inc., Art Works – Visual Arts, Norwalk, $15,000
• Pilobolus, Inc., Art Works – Dance, Washington Depot, $20,000
• Eugene O'Neill Memorial Theater Center, Inc., Art Works – Theater & Musical Theater, Waterford, $55,000
• University of Saint Joseph, Challenge America, West Hartford, $10,000
See the NEA website for the complete list of all the grants sorted by city and state and for brief project descriptions for each award.