THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User, purchase a ticket, enter a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes, or make a contribution, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information for Registered Users may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and cell phone number. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
2. Billing Information
When you make a donation or purchase with us, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
3. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information and the Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, ticket purchases, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
- Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences.
- Information that we collect or receive from other sources, such as our ticketing providers.
Information Collected by or through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information and Billing Information by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Festival marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information to process transactions; provide you the Services; solicit your feedback; inform you about our products, services, upcoming events, and special promotions and those of our third-party marketing partners; administer and process donations, contests, promotions, and sweepstakes; and improve our Services to you. Also, we may share Personal Information, the Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to administer our contests, promotions, and sweepstakes, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- When you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may use your cell phone number to send you such text messages. If, at any time, you wish to opt-out of receiving such text messages, please contact us. Text message fees and other fees may apply based on the type of text messaging program you have with your carrier. There are no additional fees assessed by THE FESTIVAL.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Festival or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Sensitive personal information
To the extent that the personal information we collect constitutes sensitive personal information under any applicable law(s), including where such laws promote a substantial public interest, the Festival will collect and process this sensitive personal information within the limits provided by applicable law(s).
Some examples of this type of information include:
You have provided medical information to us to request specific assistance (such as the provision of wheelchair-accessible seating) from us
You or someone in your party has a medical condition that requires certain accommodations to enjoy our productions
You have otherwise chosen to provide such information to us, or that information has been passed onto us by a third party when you purchased your tickets
In addition, you may have requested services that are not “sensitive personal information” but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information. We do not use such data to infer any sensitive personal information about you.
Information from Minors
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with the Festival may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
International Festival of Arts & Ideas
Attention: Marketing Department
195 Church Street, 12th Floor
New Haven, CT 06510