Destination: New Haven
One of the 'Greatest Small Cities in America,' New Haven is a dynamic, culture-rich, urban destination, centrally located between New York, Boston, and Hartford on the scenic Connecticut coast. Home to Yale University, visitors flock to town to visit our world-class museums and restaurants, unique boutique shops, and tour the area's many attractions.
New Haven, Connecticut is conveniently located at the intersection of I-91 and I-95. It's a very walkable city, and we recommend that you drive to park in one location, then explore the Festival on foot. The best parking option is the Temple Street Garage (1 Temple Street, New Haven). Special parking discounts are available for Festival visitors.
Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) provides regional air service to Philadelphia and connecting points beyond. Bradley International Airport (BDL), located near Hartford and about 45 minutes from New Haven, provides service and connections to major cities throughout the United States from major U.S. airlines. New York-area airports, including John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and Newark Airport (EWR), located about 2 hours away from New Haven, provide international service and direct coast-to-coast domestic flights.
BY SHORE LINE EAST TRAIN
The Festival is an easy ride down the Shore Line East's New London line to New Haven. Take the train to New Haven-State Street station (three block walk from the New Haven Green) or to New Haven Union Station.
BY METRO-NORTH TRAIN
The Festival is a convenient train ride from New York City on Metro-North's New Haven line, from New York City's Grand Central Terminal to New Haven's Union Station, stopping at Stamford and points in Fairfield County all the way to New Haven. Trains depart every hour (and every half-hour during peak times).
BY REGIONAL RAIL & BUS
New Haven is on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, with the Northeast Regional and Acela Express trains providing regular service to Boston, Providence, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and points in between.
BY CITY BUS
Connecticut Transit's Trip Planner provides easy online access to local bus schedules so you can plan your trip to and from the New Haven Green and surrounding Festival venues.
Whether you're car-free or just looking to take a car-free trip, you can find resources at goNewHavengo to plan your sustainable trip.
New Haven is famous for its fabulous food, in fact, Expedia named New Haven one of America's Top Foodie Cities. Whether you're looking for casual dining at our world-renowned pizzerias, or fine dining at boutique specialty restaurants, you'll find it all within easy walking distance of the Festival.
Festival Staff Picks include:
- Barracuda Bistro & Bar An American Restaurant with Latin infusion.
- Claire's Corner Copia Organic, sustainable, kosher, vegan, and gluten-free dishes.
- Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant Custom Cuisine From Farm To Fork.
- Heirloom Urban dining with a neighborhood ambience showcasing innovative, seasonal cooking.
- John Davenport's Contemporary, coastal New England fare with the best views of New Haven.
- Kitchen Zinc Local, sustainable, and fresh ingredients create artisanal pizzas.
- 116 Crown A hip, urban eaterie in the Ninth Square with inventive cocktails and first-class dining.
- Midpoint Istanbul Modern Mediterranean from each corner of Istanbul.
- Pacifico Nuevo-Latino seafood, tapas and popular mjoitos.
- Roia French and Italian cuisine at its historical space.
- Sherkaan Indian Street Food Authentic menu of Central and South Indian street food.
- Soul de Cuba Traditional Cuban dishes and specialty drinks in an entertaining atmosphere.
- South Bay Mediterranean and Latin Coastal Cuisine.
- Tarry Lodge Italian style, with subtle yet distinct tributes to New Haven.
- Union League The best of French classical traditions with a contemporary approach to flavors.
- Zinc Relaxed fine dining experience and seasonal food and drink.
Visit INFO New Haven for a complete list of all the restaurants in town, or stop by their INFO booth - which doubles as our box office in June - at the corner of Chapel and College Streets for helpful recommendations.
New Haven offers exceptional hotel options all within walking distance of our Festival venues. We work with hotel partners to ensure that our visiting artists and audiences experience top-notch accommodations while in town.
What's even better than experiencing the Festival with a friend? Bringing a whole group!
15 for 10
Any 10 people can make up a group and receive a 15% discount on all ticketed Festival events. We can also assist with group reservations on Arts & Ideas Tours. In order to receive the discount, you must place one group ticket order by calling our Group Sales Hotline at (203) 498-3775 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni groups
- Church Groups
- Corporate Affinity Groups
- Senior Groups
- Youth Groups
- What's your Group?
New Haven is home to many amazing shops, restaurants, bars, and everything in between. We love seeing how different organizations "Festival" with us! Check back next year for a full list of fun specials around town with an Arts & Ideas theme.
Want to be a listed as a Festival Partner? Email us at email@example.com to share your ideas for the upcoming 2020 Festival!