Details on participation coming soon. Please watch this space for more information.
In partnership with New Haven Pride Center, this event welcomes all members of the LGBTQ+ community and allies to envision a safe New Haven for all people.
Join us for a full-day festival-within-the-festival as we dedicate our second-ever Day of Action to exploring how our community can do the work needed to ensure a future free of racism and white supremacy. This mini-conference will directly combat racism in the LGBTQ+ community through discussion, group learning, performances, and artistic perspectives that address the diverse needs and struggles of LGBTQ+ Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). Participants will explore issues topics like anti-Asian sentiments and fetishization in the time of COVID, anti-blackness and the progress of the Black Lives Matter movement, BIPOC organizing, anti-bias training, and more.
This day of celebration, contemplation, and community-building will be capped by a spoken word performance and keynote. Racial Justice and creating opportunities for BIPOC LGBTQ+ people is a fundamental priority of the New Haven Pride Center.
The goals of the 2021 Day of Action are:
- Exploring racial justice in the Queer community
- Bringing together the community and listening to the unique experiences of LGBTQ+ BIPOC people
- Amplifying the voices of LGBTQ+ BIPOC creators and organizers at the forefront of movements for our collective liberation
- Forging connections between different segments of the LGBTQ+ BIPOC community, creating a more interconnected community
- Celebrate the rich diversity of our community and begin the important and ongoing work of addressing individual biases
Program of Events
10:00a | Program Welcome and Community Blessing
10:30p | Combating Anti-Asian Bias, Festishization, and Hate
12:00p | Black, Bisexual, and Proud
1:30p | Workshop Sessions
3:00p | Workshop Sessions
5:00p | Keynote Conversation