Travel South on the East Coast Greenway to Silver Sands State Park in Milford. This section of the ECG incorporates the Vision Trail, the Harbor side trail, the Long Wharf Nature Preserve, and the Savin Rock Trail. A representative of ECG will lead the ride and provide information and background on the trails.
Presented in association with Elm City Cycling
Working toward a more bicycle friendly community. Elm City Cycling's bike tours are always a popular part of the Festival: see the sights, explore trails and paths, and experience a piece of local history!
A few important notes
- Properly fitted helmets are required to ride.
- There are rides for all skill and experience levels. Check each tour listing for a difficulty level.
- Bring a bike, properly fitted helmet, water, food, and sunscreen.
- All participants must sign a release form before participating on the tour. Fill it out now >
- Click the tour listing below for more information about each tour and meeting locations.
Shake hands with New Haven’s Bike Share. Learn how to sign up, saddle up, and hitch up. You’ll learn key bike handling skills along the way. You may either use your own bike or Bike Share bikes which will be available at no charge.
New Haven is home to a wide range of fascinating and historic bridges. We’ll get an inside perspective of some of these often overlooked, important structures that carry our roadways and bikeways over rivers and other barriers. A great ride for dads and their loved ones.
Travel North from New Haven to Cheshire and learn about plans to connect the former rail trail to Northampton, MA. Visit historic Locks 12 and 14 before returning to New Haven. A representative of ECG will lead the ride and provide information and background on the trail.